Filing a Complaint Print Email

If you feel a Home Inspector has acted in an unethical or unprofessional manner you can file a complaint with the CAHPI Provincial Association, and they will answer that complaint fairly and responsibly.

The association can only investigate and discipline its own members.  First, please verify the inspector is a CAHPI member.
CAHPI - British Columbia
CAHPI - Alberta
CAHPI - Saskatchewan
CAHPI - Manitoba
OAHI - Ontario
AIBQ - Quebec
CAHPI - Atlantic

What do I do?

First, try talking to your Home Inspector. If the two of you can't agree, your next step is to contact the provincial association. Refer to provincial Complaints Form to make sure you have all the information required to make a complaint.

How do I know whether to file a complaint?

The Association will only handle complaints about inspectors conduct and service. The Provincial association will investigate to determine whether the member has violated the bylaws, Standards of Practice, the Code of Ethics or Code of Conduct.  The provincial association does not mediate disputes, impose settlements, nor provide an opinion on the alleged negligence of a member suitable for other proceedings.